The Right Lawyer
Makes All The Difference
With a success rate of 99.6 percent, The Law Offices of Bailey & Burke understand what it takes to win cases and help our clients get back on their financial feet again.
- Personal Injury- Plaintiff
- Catastrophic Brain Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Trailer Truck Accidents
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- University of Massachusetts (Lowell Tech)
- Mechanical Engineering, B.S., Bachelor of Science - 1966
- Massachusetts, 1971
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Massachusetts State Bar, Member
- Worcester County Bar Association, Member
- Massachusetts Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Clinton Bar Association, Member
- Boston Bar Association, Member
Attorney Robert M. Bailey (Bob), began his practice of Law in 1971, having first graduated from Lowell Tech with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering and then from Suffolk University Law School with a Juris Doctor Degree.
Shortly after establishing his solo practice of law, Bob was joined by Attorney Francis C. Burke, Jr. and the firm name was established as Bailey & Burke.
Since then, the firm has grown to include Bob’s nephew, Attorney Michael J. Bailey; Bob’s daughter-in-law, Attorney Kathryn M. Gotthardt now known as Attorney Kathryn M. Bailey and Bob’s son, Attorney Shawn P. Bailey.
Attorney Robert M. Bailey’s practice over his career has included Criminal law (DUI, DWI, OUI, assault, battery, drug offenses), Family law (divorce, paternity, custody, child support, adoption), Estate Planning and Personal Injury law. His concentration is now in personal injury claims.
Attorney Robert M. Bailey’s background as a Mechanical Engineer with many years of practice and as an Attorney with a wealth of experience, has given him a significant advantage in pursuing and litigating personal injury claims. Knowledge of engineering and design principles have aided him in presenting claims where scientific/engineering issues were involved such as:
(1) Defective design of products and premises;
(2) Reconstruction of motor vehicle accidents involving expert testimony;
(3) Occupation and safety regulations (OSHA);
(4) Injuries sustained in minor property damage accidents.
Attorney Robert M. Bailey has blended his background in engineering with his experience as an Attorney and now focuses his concentration on personal injury claims such as:
(1) Motor vehicle accidents;
(2) Premises liability claims;
(3) Security defects involving animals;
(4) Construction site safety;
(5) Liability arising from unsafe work places involving third party liability.
Attorney Robert M. Bailey is also a licensed Insurance Broker in Massachusetts and experience and the requisite knowledge of insurance issues and coverages involving personal injury claims. When the negligent party has insufficient personal assets, many personal injury claims are complicated by insurance coverage issues involving the interpretation to be given to the language contained in the applicable liability policy. Having professional knowledge of the insurance contracts and the resources to investigate the issues involved, has been a significant benefit in pursuing the claims for his injured clients.
Continuing Legal Education
Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education Programs involving issues of interest relative to personal injury claims
Insurance courses of interest offered by difference organizations, including the Independent Insurance Agents of Massachusetts Organization
Golf – Member, International Golf Course – Bolton, MA since 1985
Sporting Events – College Football/Basketball and Professional Sports
Married for 42 year – Judith (Fadgen) Bailey
Father of two sons –
Robert M. Bailey, Jr., Managing Partner of Kerrigan, O’Malley & Bailey Insurance Agency)
Attorney Shawn P. Bailey, Partner – Law Office of Bailey & Burke
Four Grandchildren – ages 2-8
U.S. Department of the Navy – Charlestown Navy Shipyard
U.S. Department of the Army – Natick Laboratories
Bartender/Chef – Family owned restaurants
Insurance Agent – Kerrigan Insurance Agency
O’Malley Insurance Agency