Workers’ Comp for COVID-19
Massachusetts workers’ compensation covers infectious diseases; however the employee must be able to prove that their job duties required them to be exposed to the disease.
COVID-19 claims will follow how other infectious diseases are handled in the past, therefore the following workers should be approved for workers compensation benefits:
- Hospital staff including doctors, nurses, and medical assistants in close contact with coronavirus-positive patients.
- Police officers, firefighters and EMT’s.
- All employees of long-term care facilities and nursing homes including, nurses, nursing assistants, housekeeping and janitorial employees and food service employees.
- Medical support workers in hospitals, such as housekeepers, lab technicians, and desk personnel.
- Other classified essential employees such as grocery store employees, food service employees, cashiers, as well as employees at big box stores.
Contact The Law Offices of Bailey & Burke With Your COVID -19 Workers’ Comp Questions
If you would like the attorneys of The Law Offices of Bailey & Burke to review your particular situation immediately, call us directly at 978-368-0983 to schedule a free telephone consultation.
Thank you for taking the time to read about our law firm, and what we can do for you. We wish you a speedy recovery.